TeachBoost, a leading education technology company building teacher development and coaching software, is seeking a fully remote Senior Software Developer to work alongside our chief product lead. We are looking for an experienced, motivated full-stack Laravel developer passionate about education and excited to work on a distributed team of extremely talented and driven people.
Our newest product offering is a rapidly evolving application built on Laravel 8, Vue/Inertia, and Tailwind. We're looking for a full-stack Laravel developer who will be tasked with assisting in the ongoing maintenance and improvement, testing, and new feature development of our growing application while also contributing to key product decisions that directly impact the company and our customers.
The ideal candidate has an equally strong skill-set in both Laravel and Vue, enjoys writing beautiful code to a high standard, and is a clear and direct communicator with a curiosity and excitement about problem solving.
Some of the responsibilities of this position include:
- Maintain, test, and develop new features throughout our application stack (Laravel / Vue / Tailwind)
- Write "clean", well-designed code following industry best practices
- Proactively identify, dissect, and resolve problems
- Learn new technologies as needed (or as motivated!) to develop new features, applications, or even products
- Taking existing UI constructs and wireframes and implementing the designs into code cleanly and concisely
- Working with PHP 7/8, Composer, Redis, and MariaDB
- Working with technologies like Node, Sass, Bash/shell scripting, NPM components, Webpack and its related applications
- Work with our chief product lead to define architecture and optimize our database and application codebase
- Work with our product managers and account managers in defining and analyzing requirements and new features
- Communicate with our development and other teams via Slack and Google Meet readily
REQUIRED SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
- Very comfortable with PHP, Laravel & MVC frameworks (5+ years)
- Know your way around TailwindCSS
- Experience in testing frameworks such as PHPUnit and Laravel Dusk
- Comfortable with Git / Github (commits, branches, pull requests)
- Experience working with and managing a production environment is strongly preferred
We’re primarily accepting remote candidates who have shown an ability to work on a distributed team and are comfortable communicating via chat/video.
BENEFITS / OPPORTUNITIES
- Competitive salary
- Full health, dental, and vision coverage
- Generous vacation time
- 401k and a 3% contribution
- True 40 hour work week
- Laptop and technology budget
- Personal development stipends
- Paid parental leave
- Annual team offsites
- A chance to improve education!
OUR INTERVIEW PROCESS
- Apply with resume
- Answer short questionnaire
- Interview with chief product lead
- 10-hour paid take-home coding project
- Final interview with executive team